If you thought Facebook was just a fad, think again! Here are some powerful numbers to show that Facebook is crucial for businesses looking to develop themselves into industry powerhouses.
Facebook.com average user figures and facts:
- At more than 53 billion total minutes during May 2011, Americans spend more time on Facebook than they do on any other website.
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
- Average user spends an average 15 hours and 33 minutes on Facebook per month
- Average user visits the site 40 times per month
- Average user spends an 23 minutes (23:20 to be precise) on each visit
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- 200 million people access Facebook via a mobile device each day
- More than 30 billion pieces of content are shared each day
- Users that access Facebook on mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook compared to non-mobile users
- Facebook generates a staggering 770 billion page views per month
*Source: Nielsen, facebook.com, pingdom.com
Facebook Marketing and Management is an essential strategy that gains additional exposure and improves your viral marketing results. It was initially built for college students and has grown into one of the most popular social networking websites of all times. In fact it’s ranked as the largest social network and is now open to anyone and everyone with more than 600 million users. Facebook allows users to create profiles which leads to promoting and by doing so; one can interact with other Facebook members, write blogs, join groups and post multimedia.
Interestingly enough, a large and growing portion of demographics are spending more time on Facebook and less on other forms of media. Adults, professionals, and people from all over the world are engaged in Facebook.
Having a Facebook page is an essential strategy in Facebook Promotion which results in a large following of friends to convey your message through the Internet’s most popular social networking website. Similar to MySpace, we can create a “fan page” that will allow users to get up-to-date information on your company and add multimedia and text on your page. Facebook has a lot of potential for entrepreneurs as well as businesses that are looking to target a certain audience due to the distribution of Facebook ads.
There are several features to take advantage for Facebook Promotion. For example, by writing on users “wall” we are informing people about your company and directing them to your company’s website. With a status update, which can include important links, everyone on your friends list will see up-to-date information on your company. There is also a photo application where we can create a gallery of images showing users who your company is and what you do. If your company has a blog, we can import your blogs onto the Facebook page, linking your blog onto the actual site. All of these tools will then generate more hits on your company website and blog.
With the rapid growth in social networking websites, using Facebook Marketing and Management is a strategy your company should take to increase page hits and spread your message through the top social networking community. Let Direct Hit Solutions create a Facebook Marketing and Optimization strategy for your Facebook Campaign and presence.
Call Us Today and Learn More About Our Facebook Social Media Strategies!